If there is the need for the same data on all devices when you use Whatsapp on multiple devices. However, you can always get your WhatsApp data back! You just need to sync it with your Google Drive account. With Google Drive (or iCloud for iOS), backing up and restoring your WhatsApp chats is now easier than ever before.
Data from your WhatsApp account can be restored to your phone from Google Drive. Your backup file will be restored to your phone if it exists for your account (including media and emoji).
You can use the WhatsApp Backup service for Android to easily backup and restore Whatsapp data. Whatsapp Backup is offered by Google for free. If you have never created a Google Drive account before, you may be asked to backup your data the first time you open WhatsApp after setting up your Google Drive account. You can start a backup by tapping “Yes” on this screen.
Drive over WiFi automatically backs up your WhatsApp chats once a day after the process is complete. You might be waiting a while for the first backup since it depends on the amount of media (photos, videos, and voice messages) that you have in your conversation histories. The following article addresses how to restore your backup from Google Drive.
Step-by-Step Guide On How to Restore Whatsapp Chat?
- Make sure you have turned on the ‘Back up to Google Drive’ feature in WhatsApp first.
- You can backup your chat by going to Menu > Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
- Set a backup frequency according to your needs and choose the ‘Back up to Google Drive’ option. In addition, you can select the account that you want to back up your WhatsApp data to.
- Create a new folder in Google Drive after that. The name is up to you.
- Transfer your WhatsApp folder from your old phone to the new Google Drive folder if you haven’t done so already.
- Using the USB cable or any other means, transfer all Google files from the old phone to the new phone.
- Using some application downloader (e.g. Play Store), download the Whatsapp software on the new phone once all files have been transferred.
- Now that the app is installed and opened, it might ask you to restore chats from a local backup.
- Then select yes/cancel (I remember choosing cancel in this case), and close the app immediately afterward.
- Then locate the “WhatsApp” folder on your sdcard (/sdcard/WhatsApp). Copy the entire WhatsApp folder and save it to another drive.
How to Restore Whatsapp Data on an iPhone?
- Using a backup of your iCloud account, restore your chat history.
- Check whether there is a backup on iCloud by going to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup
It is only possible to restore your chat history from iCloud if the backup file has been updated very recently on our servers.
If you restore a chat history to another iPhone, you will lose the chat history on your new iPhone as well. Periodically backing up your chat history to iCloud is the best way to keep a local backup of your chat history.
If Google Drive Doesn’t Restore WhatsApp, What Should You Do?
Messages can be restored from a Google Drive backup by following the steps above. Occasionally, the process may not work. What can be done? If you need help restoring WhatsApp data from Google Drive, you can always use the professional WhatsApp Recovery tool.
Your Google drive backup may have been saved but your phone may be different from before, so you will not be able to restore WhatsApp. To use the same WhatsApp account, you should ensure that the following points have been met: the new phone must have the same model and make as the one you previously had; the data in your Google Drive account must also be the same, and you must have installed the same WhatsApp app. If you do not meet these requirements, you will not be able to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive.
I am Marcus. A Tech Geek and the man behind gbapk.info. Currently owns a software house and always ready to give back to community.